Hi - If you are reading this you have probably joined an online dating site or you are thinking about it or maybe you are just curious to what all the hype is about. Apparently, if you are getting your toes wet in the online dating world 1 in 3 single people are in the same boat as you. I'm not sure if I believe that statistic because just about every one of my single friends has experimented with an online dating site at one point or another, even if they are not willing to admit it to their families and some of their friends.
I decided to give it a try after moving across the country to California where I didn't have my group of "girls" to go out with, which was where I usually met guys. Being alone in a huge state where you know no one and barely do anything besides go to work is hard to meet people. So I caved and got the "Tinder" app just to see what it was like. I was in for a huge surprise, to say the least.
For those of you who don't know how Tinder works it is actually quite simple. You get to post a few pictures and write a brief description of yourself. Once you do that Tinder locates people in your area and you get to either swipe left if you are not interested, or swipe right if you are interested. The guys also get to do the same thing. If you both swipe right then you are matched and you can begin talking to this person. In short - you get to decide if you are attracted to these people solely based on a few of this persons pictures.
To read about my experiences and insight in the online dating world be sure to subscribe to my blog, there will be more entries coming soon.
-C
0 comments:
Post a Comment